Landing pages are web pages that capture the attention and interest of your visitors and encourage them to take specific actions. This could include filling out a form, downloading a resource, making a purchase, etc. But how can you create landing pages that are relevant, engaging, and personalized for each of your visitors?
Dynamic landing pages are landing pages that change their content and appearance based on the characteristics and behavior of each visitor – such as their location, device, source, preferences, or previous interactions.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud offers a robust solution for creating and maintaining dynamic landing pages. In this article, we will show you how to create dynamic landing pages in Salesforce Marketing Cloud using CloudPages and Dynamic Content.
Benefits of Dynamic Landing Pages
By using dynamic landing pages you can provide your audience a personalized experience, helping you to build trust with your viewers and target their personal pain points.
According to Epsilon, 80% of buyers are more willing to make a purchase when they are offered personalized experiences.
- Greater Performance: Dynamic landing pages can help you make your marketing campaigns more efficient and increase conversions.
- Easier Testing: With dynamic landing pages you can easily create and test different versions.
- Better Analytics: Tracking user interactions on different versions of your landing page can give you valuable insight to help you optimize your landing page.
Dynamic Landing Page: Marketing Cloud Tools
Salesforce Marketing Cloud offers a suite of tools that can be used to create dynamic landing pages.
Use Salesforce CloudPages and Content Builder to generate landing pages which feature dynamic content.
CloudPages is a feature of Salesforce Marketing Cloud that allows you to create and publish landing pages using drag-and-drop tools and pre-built templates. You can use CloudPages to create various types of landing pages – such as microsites, preference centers, unsubscribe pages, and more.
Content Builder is another Salesforce Marketing Cloud tool that lets you create and manage marketing content for different channels.
It offers a user-friendly interface for designing and organizing content like images, text, dynamic content blocks, etc. This makes it easier for marketers to streamline the process of creating content and delivering impactful messages to their audience.
Designing Your Landing Page
Step 1: Create a Page Using CloudPages
- Login to Salesforce Marketing Cloud, go to Content Builder, and click on the CloudPages tab.
- Click Add Content, then click Landing Page.
- Provide a name and description for your Content Builder and pick a folder to save your Content Builder.
- Open the Content Builder you created and pick a template or start from scratch.
- You can customize the templates by adding your branding such as logos, colors, etc.
- Use Content Blocks to create your content.
- Incorporate clear and concise call-to-action elements and visuals to drive user actions.
- Save your landing page.
Step 2: Add Dynamic Content to Your Landing Page
- In Marketing Cloud, go to Content Builder and click on the Dynamic Content tab.
- Click on Dynamic Content Blocks and provide a name and/or description.
- Select an attribute or data extension field that you want to use as the basis for your dynamic content rule. For example, you can use “location” or “device type” as attributes, or “email address” or “first name” as data extension fields.
- Click Add Rule and enter a value for the attribute or data extension field you selected. For example, if you selected “location” as the attribute, you can enter a country name or a city name as the value.
- Click Add Content and select a content block you want to display for the visitors who match the rule. For example, if you selected “location” as the attribute and entered Egypt as the value, you can select a content block that shows an image of the pyramids or a text that says “Welcome to Egypt”.
- Go to the CloudPages tab and open the landing page that you want to add dynamic content to, then drag the dynamic content block to the page.
You can further enhance your custom rules and logic for populating dynamic information by using Automation Studio within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Test and Optimize Your Landing Pages
Dynamic content also allows you to easily conduct A/B testing to find out ways to make your campaign more effective. It’s essential to conduct A/B testing to gather feedback and continually refine your approach to maximizing the performance of your dynamic landing pages.
Here are some best practices for A/B testing and optimization:
- Define your testing objectives and create multiple variations of your landing page.
- Split your audience into test groups.
- Track and analyze KPIs such as conversion rates and engagement.
- Identify the better-performing variations for further improvement.
- Repeat the A/B testing process regularly to keep optimizing your landing pages.
Leveraging dynamic landing pages is crucial for modern marketers aiming to provide a personalized user experience. CloudPages and Content Builder with dynamic content makes this task more efficient in Marketing Cloud.
These tools not only help in creating adaptive landing pages, but also facilitate A/B testing for continual optimization. In a world where personalization is key, employing dynamic landing pages via Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a smart move for any marketer looking to boost conversions and engagement.