The massive subject of managing Salesforce enterprise application delivery has a new label — Salesforce Devops. At SalesforceDevops.net we have been mapping and categorizing the vendor-based and free open-source Salesforce DevOps tools and solutions.
Now, to help you formulate your own Salesforce DevOps solution, Ben McCarthy of SalesforceBen and I have teamed up to create the Periodic Table of Salesforce DevOps Companies.
Here are the categories used to organize the companies. Several companies and projects who offer a complete Salesforce DevOps solution appear in multiple categories.
- Repository Management – These companies have Salesforce-specific source code management solutions.
- Release Management – The complex process of using repositories to deploy new releases to your Salesforce org is supported by these companies.
- Cybersecurity – These companies let you integrate application security features directly into your development pipeline.
- Data Backup & Recovery – These companies help you backup your org’s data and to integrate backup processes into your devops pipelines.
- Profile Management – These companies offer another key utility in devops pipelines: the ability to copy and manage profiles.
- Data Transformation – These companies offer export, translate and load (ETL) tooling and the ability to integrate data ingest and export into your devops pipelines.
- Testing Tools – Testing is a multi-layered concern, and these companies help you use modern methods to increase app delivery reliability.
- Sandbox Management – These companies offer advanced Salesforce sandbox management features, including data masking and managing privacy concerns.
- Observability – These companies support the use of metrics, incident management, and graphical analysis for application performance management.
- Pipeline Orchestration – These companies offer a “command server” which runs on Salesforce or a cloud native application which manages the execution of processes that perform release management and other devops functions.
- Engineering Services – These are companies who, in addition to offering software services, have professional services practices for devops system development.
- Application Management Lifecycle – These are the companies who make tools used to manage software teams.
- Value Stream Management – These companies offer advanced management technology using value stream management, which is helpful for managing multiple projects in larger enterprises.