Whatever you call your high priority cases in your organisation P1’s, High, Red’s or Urgent, they are of the upmost important. Hoping that they do not come around too often they need to be fixed asap no matter who the customer is. Creating a simple workflow to alert users or managers whenever a high priority case comes in is a simple and effective way to make sure they are dealt with.
- Click on Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Workflow Rules
- Click on New Rule
- Select Case as the Workflow Object
- Name your Rule and give it a description
- Evaluation Criteria should be set as created
- In the simple formula editor we can set the field as Case:Priority, Operator as equals and Value as High or whatever your specific priorities in your organisation are.
- Click Next to finish off the Workflow Rule
- Click Workflow Action and add a New Email Alert
- Here you can add your preferred email template and include all the information that you believe necessary.
- Adding the Recipients to the email should not be rushed. There is no point sending the email to a busy Service Manager who will most likely look over the email over the 100’s of emails they get daily.
Once this is completed you’re done! Hopefully this has helped some people implement a simple workflow that can alert you and get P1’s resolved quicker.