Whenever you submit a case online, most companies will send you an automated email response telling you some basic information about your case. This can include the description about the problem you entered, the category of the problem and anything else that the companies feels relevant. Luckily in Salesforce this is such a simple workflow to implement and provide real benefit to your customers and provide them with some key bits of information that they can refer back to. In fact this is such a simple workflow that it can literally take 5 minutes to set up. Most of the time around this workflow should be spent thinking about the template you wish to send to your customers.
- Click on Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Workflow Rules
- Click on New Rule
- Select Case as the Workflow Object
- Name your Rule and give it a description
- Evaluation Criteria should be set as created
- So using the simple formula creator we need to set the field as Case : Case Owner, Operator as equals and Value as whatever Queue the cases get defaulted to, in this example I have called mine “Support Queue”
You can also design workflows using the Salesforce Auto-Response Rules.