Here we are in 2022! The new year is the perfect time to work on the goals we have all set for ourselves. So let’s get ready to roll up those sleeves and learn some new Salesforce skills.
Dreamforce ‘21, while virtual for most of us via Salesforce+, gave us a good indication of where Salesforce sees itself heading in the future. With this in mind, I have compiled what I believe to be the most relevant Trailhead badges, modules, and trails to complete in 2022. Let’s get started.
Here’s what I think is going to be the most important Salesforce change this year: the upcoming MFA (multi-factor authentication) requirements, launching in February 2022.
While Salesforce doesn’t have a trail or module specific to this item, I did find two that cover the basics and should help you on your way.
- What’s New for App Builders in Winter ‘22 – I recommend this badge because it explains the upcoming changes for MFA requirements, giving you the ‘where’, ‘when’, and ‘why’.
- Secure Your Users’ Identity – This module is useful as it provides a clear definition and actually shows you how to set up MFA.
Learn Salesforce Flows
You may be getting a little overwhelmed by the many Flow updates. However, given the fact that we know Salesforce is retiring Workflow Rules and Process Builders, I think this is the year we accept reality and get going with our Flow training. I’ve found some Trails and a Superbadge I think will help us all out:
- Build Flows with Flow Builder (Beginner Course)
- Automate Your Business Processes with Salesforce Flow (Beginner Course Part 2)
- Process Automation Specialist (Challenge)
It’s always worth taking a look at Einstein Search, as its capabilities are being extended all the time (you’ll find updates in almost every release). This streamlined, personalized search functionality allows users to work more efficiently in Salesforce, and it’s totally free for Unlimited, Enterprise, and Performance edition customers.
Last year Salesforce announced the arrival of Backup and Restore, a new data recovery service native to the Salesforce Platform. Salesforce have made it their mission to integrate this product with Data Mask, a managed package that focuses on securing or ‘masking’ sensitive data in full or partial sandboxes. It’s worth exploring the following units:
- Understand the Importance of Data Privacy
- Get to Know Salesforce Data Mask
- Install and Configure Salesforce Data Mask
Cybersecurity and Salesforce
I have noticed a recent trend with Salesforce – they are starting to focus more on the cybersecurity side of things. In addition to working on it within the platform, Salesforce has added many modules to Trailhead to help users move into this industry. You may have a general interest or perhaps you’re looking for a new career – take a look:
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Become a Cybersecurity Superstar – while the quest may be over, this trailmix basically covers it all.
I am a big fan of using the tools at your disposal to help your users learn about and improve their work. Salesforce has done a great job with myTrailhead and In-App Guidance – they have even given away a few free ‘walkthroughs’ to anyone with Enterprise and above.
Here are some trails and modules that can teach you how to effectively use these tools:
The Spring ‘22 release notes refer to an upcoming hot topic: collaborative forecasts. If you haven’t yet checked out this Trailhead module, now is your chance.
- Get Started with Collaborative Forecasts
- Define Forecast Rollups and Default Date Ranges
- Enable Forecast Users and Set Up a Forecasts Hierarchy
All right, there you have it – my top badges for the year. With a sprinkle of all sorts of topics from security to training, there should be something here for everyone to explore.
And don’t forget to maintain those certifications. After all, new updates also mean new maintenance exams – everyone’s favourite!
Let us know below in the comments if you plan on levelling up this year.