Do You Want to Become a Salesforce Marketing Champion?
The Salesforce ecosystem is more than just a tech sub-industry, it’s a thriving community that encourages product evangelism by rewarding individual Trailblazers for their expertise and innovation.
The Marketing Champion program does just that: recognizes the Trailblazers that advocate Salesforce marketing products. This year it’s back, so let’s take a look at what the program has achieved and how you can apply to be a Salesforce Marketing Champion in 2023.
What Makes a Marketing Champion?
Do you go above and beyond? Are you comfortable speaking about your experience and expertise with a variety of audiences? If so, this program might be a good fit for you!
Qualities of a Salesforce Marketing Champion:
- Works closely with either Marketing Cloud, Pardot (Account Engagement), or Datorama (Intelligence) – especially if you oversee marketing strategy, communications, or operations.
- Loves discussing Salesforce marketing products and finds themselves selling Salesforce marketing products naturally, even if it’s not in their job description.
- Has spoken at Salesforce events or Trailblazer community groups.
- Has contributed thought leadership marketing content (whether written or video).
- Gets excited about new tricks, or new ways to accomplish a task.
Who are Salesforce Marketing Champions?
All Marketing Champions are listed on the Champions website (which is temporarily redirected while the applications are in progress). This includes a bio, headshot, and how they can help the community with their specialization.
The Benefits of Being a Marketing Champion
There are multiple things that Champions have gained from the program – networking, knowledge sharing, career advice, speaking opportunities, and more.
“I valued being part of a network of experts who share the same passions as me. The Champions come with expertise in different marketing products, which has showcased highlights of what’s happening in the Marketing Cloud/Datorama spaces to all Champions.”– Lucy Mazalon, Marketing Champion
Here’s what other Trailblazers love about being a Marketing Champion:
What Responsibilities Do Marketing Champions Have?
As a Marketing Champion, you will be advocating Salesforce marketing products, typically for the benefit of Salesforce customers. In previous programs, examples of activities were:
- An ‘Ask the Expert’/Consultation shift at a Salesforce event.
- Presenting/speaking about Salesforce marketing products at a community-led event.
- Running a hands-on workshop.
- Publishing a marketing-focused blog post, etc.
We can assume that there will be an onboarding period where these details will be made clearer, as has been the case previously.
Marketing Champion Requirements
This year, there are a few requirements in order to be able to apply:
- You are currently working for a Salesforce customer.
- You are a marketing decision maker for your company.
- Your role is on the business side of your organization (marketing, communications, or operations).
Become a Marketing Champion
If everything sounds good so far, why not apply? Applications will remain open until February 17, 2023.
In your application, you need to give some details about:
- Your involvement in the Trailblazer Community program.
- What you will bring to the Marketing Champions program.
- How you’re currently using Marketing Cloud products, including how it has impacted your business impact and success metrics.
- Any pivotal moments in your leadership journey.
- Trailblazer.me Profile: This profile on the Trailhead platform is described as your Salesforce resume, so it makes sense to be the first place you should optimize when applying to be a Marketing Champion. Are all your details up to date? Have you completed the main badges for your specialization?…
- LinkedIn: Though Trailblazer.me acts as a Salesforce resume, LinkedIn is your complete resume – a place you are able to show all of your skills. This includes any content you’ve contributed, transferable skills, and your personality. Here’s a guide to improving your LinkedIn.
- Twitter: On your application you can include your Twitter URL if you wish. This can help to add some more color to your application, showing how you contribute to the community on a different platform.
Applications will remain open until February 17, 2023. Start yours now to ensure you include all the details that make you a Champion!
Hi Lucy! Have you heard anything about this happening in 2022 as well?
Sorry, I haven’t! 🙁 I will update this article and promote it if I do.