The Salesforce ecosystem is more than just an IT industry, extending to a thriving community that encourages product evangelism by rewarding individual #Trailblazers for their expertise and innovation.
The new ‘Marketing Champion’ program does just that – by recognising marketers that advocate Salesforce marketing products (Pardot, Marketing Cloud, Datorama) and get both current and potential Salesforce Marketing customers excited.
What Makes a Marketing Champion?
Do you go above and beyond? Are you willing and comfortable to speak about your experience and expertise with a variety of audiences? Then this program sounds like a good fit for you!
Here are some qualities:
- Works closely with either Pardot, Marketing Cloud or Datorama
- Loves discussing Marketing products, finds themselves selling Salesforce marketing products naturally! (even if it’s not in their job description)
- Has spoken at Salesforce events or User Groups
- Has contributed written content to blogs or videos
- Is certified (more on this later)
- Gets excited about new tricks, or new ways to accomplish a task.
What Responsibilities Do Marketing Champions Have?
Although this has not been made explicitly clear, we can assume that the role of Marketing Champions will be to advocate Salesforce marketing products, typically for the benefit of Salesforce customers. We recently heard about the Lightning Champion program, which is the equivalent for Salesforce Admins – so, based on what we know about the Lightning Champions program, we can take a guess:
- An ‘Ask the Expert’/Consultation shift at a Salesforce event,
- Presenting/speaking about Salesforce marketing products at a community-led event,
- Running a hands-on workshop,
- Publishing a marketing-focused blog post, etc.
If selected for the program, there will be a ramp-up period where all these details will be shared.
If everything sounds good so far, why not apply? As you will see, it won’t take you too long to complete the following sections:
- Favourite product areas
- Topics you can champion
- Your Story
After filling in personal information, you will be asked which of the 13 (!) Salesforce marketing certifications you currently hold. These include any of the following:
- Marketing Cloud: Email Specialist, Consultant, Developer, Administrator
- Pardot: Specialist, Consultant
- Datorama: Specialist Administrator, Expert Administrator, Champion Administrator, Specialist Power User, Data Canvas Fundamentals, Project Manager, Solution Architect.
Favourite Product Areas
Select your specialisation at this point – any genuine Marketing Champion will have no problem answering this!
Topics You Can Champion
Choose from a range of topics you would be happy to present/discuss if called upon; examples include Account-based Marketing, Artificial Intelligence, Email Marketing, and others.
Tell the team what makes you a Marketing Champion: ‘what will you bring to the program?’ (500 words) and a bio (200 words). If you are stuck for inspiration, glance back at the ‘What Makes a Marketing Champion?’ section of this blog for some ideas.
- Trailblazer.me Profile: this profile on the Trailhead platform is described as your Salesforce resume, so it makes sense to be the first place you should look at. Have you completed the main badges for your specialisations? Another ‘spring cleaning’ task you should do is merge your accounts; merging ensures that all of your badges/points are credited to a single login. Here’s a post explaining how.
- Freshen up your LinkedIn: I love this post John Knight wrote some time back and is every bit still relevant now.
Summary – Apply Now!
If you’re interested, then apply now! Applications have just opened, and will close on March 18, 2020. There won’t be much waiting, as the Salesforce team will announce the Champions in April 2020!