The Salesforce Administrator certification is considered the baseline credential for any Salesforce professional and is often one of the hardest exams to pass, due to the breadth of topics and features covered. When starting out in your Salesforce career, it can sometimes be hard to attain enough hands-on, real-world experience in order to easily ace the exam.
With the existing skills gap, and the IDC predicting that Salesforce and its partners will create 9.3 million net new jobs by 2026, there’s a clear demand for a better way to enter the ecosystem. Never fear, as Salesforce have announced the Salesforce Certified Associate to address this need. Here’s everything we know so far about this brand-new certification.
What Is the Salesforce Certified Associate?
The Salesforce Certified Associate is for anyone with 0-6 months of Salesforce experience, looking to transform their career with Salesforce. That’s right, this certification is for you, even if you have no existing experience! It’s the ideal precursor to the Salesforce Administrator Certification, but it is not a prerequisite.
The Salesforce Certified Associate is designed to prepare Trailblazers for a career in Salesforce by validating foundational Salesforce knowledge, including what Salesforce is, what Salesforce does, and how the platform solves business needs.
The exam is split into four topics:
- Salesforce Ecosystem: 32%
- Navigation: 28%
- Data Model: 25%
- Reports & Dashboards: 15%
Unlike existing Salesforce professional certifications, such as the Salesforce Certified Administrator, this new certification will not require ongoing maintenance.
Who Is the Salesforce Associate Certification For?
The Salesforce Associate Certification is for anyone who is brand new to the ecosystem (0-6 months of experience) and looking to embark on a career in Salesforce. You do not need any technical expertise.
How to Become a Salesforce Certified Associate
The Salesforce Associate exam will test whether a candidate has a solid understanding of how Salesforce solves business needs including:
- How a CRM platform can bring departments together and connect them with a complete picture of their customer data.
- The benefits of an integrated CRM platform.
- How Salesforce Customer 360 solves business challenges.
- Essential terminology and concepts relating to the Salesforce platform.
- The functionality provided by the Salesforce platform, for example, security, reporting, and data management.
Although no technical expertise is needed to pass this exam, it is helpful to have some understanding of various technical capabilities such as sharing, system customization, and user administration.
About the Salesforce Certified Associate Exam
- The exam consists of 40 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions.
- You will have 70 minutes to complete the exam.
- The passing score is 62%.
- The exam costs $75 to take and retakes are free.
- The exam can be taken online or at a testing center.
- There are no prerequisites to take this exam.
- Resource: Trailhead Exam Guide
At Salesforce Ben we are huge advocates of making Salesforce technologies and associated jobs accessible to everyone, so we’re thrilled to see this new certification. What do you think? Will you be taking this certification or recommending it to friends and colleagues looking for a Salesforce career?