Integrating WordPress and Salesforce is a great way to increase your productivity, allowing you to automate tasks, generate leads, manage contacts, and more. The more automated you can make your workflow, the more productive you’ll be – and that applies to everything from your choice of web host to the WordPress plugins you connect with Salesforce.
In this blog post, we will explore eight effective ways to integrate WordPress with Salesforce.
Plugin vs. Third-Party Connection Service
Before we dive in, it’s important to understand the two basic approaches you can take when integrating WordPress and Salesforce:
- Using a WordPress plugin: There are several WordPress plugins available that facilitate the integration between different WordPress tools and Salesforce. For example, the Gravity Forms plugin is a popular forms plugin that allows you to take form data from your WordPress website and use it in Salesforce. Other plugins offer different features and they all add direct integration features to simplify the process.
- Using a third-party connection service: Another option is to utilize a third-party service like Zapier or Automate.io as an intermediary. These services enable you to connect tools with Salesforce without relying on specific plugins. They provide a wider range of integrations and can be useful if you require connectivity with other applications as well.
Now, let’s explore the nine ways to integrate WordPress with Salesforce…
Note: Most of these involve using a form plugin like Gravity Forms or WP Forms.
1. Lead Generation
Automatically create new leads in Salesforce from form submissions.
By integrating Gravity Forms or another forms plugin with Salesforce, you can automatically create new leads in your Salesforce CRM whenever someone submits a form on your WordPress website. This streamlines lead generation and ensures that no potential leads slip through the cracks.
2. Contact Management
Automatically create new contacts in Salesforce from form submissions.
Similar to lead generation, integrating Gravity Forms or another form plugin with Salesforce allows you to automatically create new contacts in your Salesforce CRM when users submit a form. This ensures that all contact information is captured accurately and promptly.
3. Case Creation
Automatically create new cases in Salesforce from form submissions.
If you handle customer support or service requests, integrating your form plugin with Salesforce can automatically create new cases in your Salesforce CRM when customers submit forms on your WordPress site. This integration ensures efficient case management and prompt responses to customer inquiries.
4. Improve Efficiency with Conditional Logic
Gravity Forms and some other form plugins offer powerful conditional logic features, allowing you to show or hide fields based on user selections. You can leverage this functionality to create dynamic forms that adapt to user input, improving the user experience and reducing form complexity.
5. Collect Files
Instead of relying on email attachments, you can use the form plugin’s file upload system to collect files from users. This is particularly useful for scenarios where you need users to submit supporting documents or files along with their form submissions.
6. Feedback and Surveys
Create feedback and survey forms using a form plugin and seamlessly send the collected data to Salesforce. This integration enables you to gather valuable insights and feedback directly within your Salesforce CRM, making it easier to analyze and act upon customer input.
7. Post-Event Feedback
If you organize events or conferences, integrating your form plugin with Salesforce allows you to automatically send feedback information to Salesforce when an attendee submits a form. This information can create a new case record, enabling you to track and address post-event feedback efficiently.
8. Job Application Management
Streamline your hiring process by creating job application forms using a forms plugin on a WordPress page. When candidates submit their applications, the data can be sent to Salesforce for efficient management and tracking. This integration simplifies applicant tracking and ensures all relevant information is centralized.
A Quick Guide to Setting Up Gravity Forms with Salesforce
As many of the ways above include the Gravity Forms plugin, we’ll quickly run through setting the plugin up and connecting it with Salesforce:
- Sign up for Gravity Forms at GravityForms.com and get a license key.
- Install the plugin on your WordPress site by going to Plugins → Add New.
- Once the plugin is installed, enter your license key.
- Now create a form based on one of the eight ideas above.
- You can now choose if you want to use a WordPress Salesforce connection plugin or a third-party service like Zapier.
These are just eight ways to integrate Salesforce with WordPress. With the variety of WordPress plugins and third-party tools available, the possibilities are truly endless!
If you’re looking for a WordPress host that is designed for business owners and Salesforce users, give Convesio a try. Our eCommerce hosting services are designed to ensure you only have to focus on sales, not managing your website.