It’s a new year and what better time to start thinking about how to supercharge your career in 2020? Great news, Salesforce are committed to helping the Trailblazer Community skill-up and secure top jobs!
Salesforce signed a White House Pledge in 2019, pledging to train 1 million American workers over the next 5 years; to achieve this, they launched Trailblazer Connect, a collection of resources designed “to accelerate your job search and connect to career opportunities”.
What is Trailblazer Connect?
The Trailblazer Connect program aims to empower Trailblazers to advance their skills, get support and connect to career opportunities. Trailblazer Connect is made up of 3 main pillars: Career Events, Mentorship and Talent Exchange.
A key part of Trailblazer Connect is mentorship, and Salesforce is putting the extensive Trailblazer Community to good use by matching mentees with other experienced members of the community, who will provide support, coaching and connections.
Benefits for Mentees
A mentor can open doors, extend your network and offer guidance and support. Having a mentor is a great idea at any stage of your career, but can be especially important as you start out, sharing lessons learned and connecting you to contacts and opportunities that will help you advance your career.
As part of Salesforce’s Trailblazer mentorship program you can expect many benefits including:
- Resume writing tips
- Interview strategy and coaching
- Feedback on resume and interview practice
- Support identifying career goals and how to achieve them
- Access to a community of Trailblazers
The benefits of mentorship don’t stop there though; as well as honing your career plan and increasing your skills, mentoring relationships can help you:
- Increase confidence and self-worth
- Gain self awareness
- Boost personal fulfilment
- Inspire you to keep learning and put yourself forward
- Broaden your perspective and insights
- Communicate problems effectively
- Develop networking skills
Benefits for Mentors
It’s not just about the mentee you know; there are tons of reasons to become a mentor as well!
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Gain new perspectives and ideas
- Develop key skills such as listening, asking open questions and empathising
- Enhance your leadership and people management skills
- Learn and cement your understanding by teaching
- Feel connected to the wider Salesforce community
- Enjoy the feel-good factor in knowing you are giving back!
- Increased career opportunities
So, if you work for a customer or partner, have prior experience as a mentor, teacher or coach and a minimum of 2 years Salesforce work experience, this could be a fantastic opportunity to give back to your community.
Applications for mentors and mentees are open now; click here to sign up and for more information.
For more useful resources check out the Develop your Career Plan trailmix on Trailhead.