TrailblazerDX (formerly TrailheaDX) is a Salesforce event that’s aimed at Salesforce Developers, Admins, Consultants, Architects – or anyone else building on the Salesforce platform! It’s a Developer conference with the caveat that declarative is considered development – show some #LowCodeLove!
Salesforce TrailblazerDX is an annual event that usually takes place in June, in line with the Summer release. The spectacular show, held in San Francisco, transformed into a virtual (and free) conference in 2020 and 2021 due to pandemic restrictions. TrailblazerDX will be back in San Francisco for its 2022 in-person event (April 27th-28th), with both live and on-demand access also available via Salesforce+.
What is TrailblazerDX?
While Dreamforce is Salesforce’s flagship event aimed at everyone, TrailblazerDX is aimed at anyone who is actively building on the Salesforce platform. This means the content is focused on Salesforce from a technical point of view – getting deep into Salesforce’s feature demos, the product development roadmap, and exciting announcements – a Salesforce Trailblazer’s dream!
Sessions are split into five ‘tracks’: Developer, Admin, Architect, Community & Ecosystem, and IT Leader Channel – plus a keynote, and other sessions such as Circles of Success, run by Salesforce employees.
Trailblazers are also treated to a musical performance – previous years have included Stevie Wonder and Lenny Kravitz!
Looking back at the biggest TrailblazerDX announcements will give you a taste of what this event is all about:
- Salesforce Anywhere: enables remote teams to collaborate more easily within Salesforce on mobile and desktop (pilot paused following the Slack acquisition).
- Dynamic Interactions
- MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce
- Einstein Automate
- DevOps Center
- CodeBuilder: Salesforce’s commitment to a more governed release management (DevOps) lifecycle. Built on Microsoft’s Visual Studio Codespaces, this web-based developer environment is an addition to VSCode, the desktop IDE.
- Salesforce Functions: give the ability to build code using Node.js, Java and Apex that can be run on-demand with elastic scale in a serverless environment. Call Functions from existing Apex code, Flow or even distribute them as part of AppExchange packages.
- Einstein Data Detect
- Trailhead Go: the Trailhead experience we all know and love and makes it available on mobile.
- Salesforce Blockchain was announced for the first time!
- Lightning Web Components: that LWCs woul become open source.
- Trailmoji was created (for all you Trailhead fans)
Above: from the TrailheadX keynote in 2020, all the new announcements.
Watch TrailblazerDX and TrailheaDX On-demand
Content from previous TrailheaDX events is available on-demand – all you need to do is register for your free streaming access.
The dates for TrailblazerDX 2022 have now been announced – put April 27th-28th in your diary and save yourself a spot! You can also subscribe to our email newsletter or follow us on social to hear further updates.
In the past, TrailheaDX in-person tickets have cost $1000s. Although many of us missed in-person events, it’s great to be able to access so much amazing content that might otherwise be inaccessible due to cost or location. Whichever way you plan to attend TrailblazerDX 2022, we know you’ll have a fantastic time connecting with the community.