TrailblazerDX (formerly TrailheaDX) is a Salesforce event that brings together the “builders” – Salesforce Admins, Developers, and others – to be inspired to innovate within their own businesses using the Salesforce platform. Show some #LowCodeLove!
Salesforce TrailblazerDX is an annual event that usually takes place in June, in line with the summer release. The spectacular show, held in San Francisco, transformed into a virtual (and free) conference in 2020 and 2021 due to pandemic restrictions. In 2022, TrailblazerDX came back as an in-person event, and will be back in San Francisco in 2023 for another in-person event (March 7th-8th), with both live and on-demand access also available via Salesforce+.
What is TrailblazerDX?
While Dreamforce is Salesforce’s flagship event aimed at everyone, TrailblazerDX is aimed at anyone who is actively building on the Salesforce platform. This means the content is focused on Salesforce from a technical point of view – getting deep into Salesforce’s feature demos, the product development roadmap, and exciting announcements – a Salesforce Trailblazer’s dream!
Sessions are split into five ‘tracks’: Developer, Admin, Architect, Community & Ecosystem, and IT Leader Channel – plus a keynote, and other sessions such as Circles of Success, run by Salesforce employees.
Trailblazers are also treated to a musical performance – previous years have included Stevie Wonder and Lenny Kravitz!
At TrailblazerDX ‘22, Salesforce quoted 16 million Trailblazers, and an estimated 22 million developers globally. With almost as many Trailblazers as there are developers in the entire world, we can unlock a tremendous amount of value if we can work together using APIs (for example, bringing governed APIs into Flow). Salesforce Flow innovation has been a staple theme – and will continue to be in what Salesforce calls a “new era of automation”.
TrailblazerDX Announcements (2020-22)
Looking back at the biggest TrailblazerDX announcements will give you a taste of what this event is all about:
- Salesforce Flow Integrated with Slack, MuleSoft, Tableau, and RPA.
- Salesforce Platform for Slack: Flow in Slack (clicks/low-code) and Apex SDK for Slack (pro-code).
- MuleSoft Anypoint Code Builder: An integrated development environment (IDE) to create APIs and integrations, using modern, open-source VS Code. Built-in recommendations and access to a library of building blocks for common API and integration patterns boosts productivity.
- Salesforce Anywhere: enables remote teams to collaborate more easily within Salesforce on mobile and desktop (pilot paused following the Slack acquisition).
- Dynamic Interactions
- MuleSoft Composer for Salesforce
- Einstein Automate
- DevOps Center
- CodeBuilder: Salesforce’s commitment to a more governed release management (DevOps) lifecycle. Built on Microsoft’s Visual Studio Codespaces, this web-based developer environment is an addition to VSCode, the desktop IDE.
- Salesforce Functions: Give the ability to build code using Node.js, Java and Apex that can be run on-demand with elastic scale in a serverless environment. Call Functions from existing Apex code, Flow or even distribute them as part of AppExchange packages.
- Einstein Data Detect: Scan for sensitive data and deeper insights. Part of the Salesforce Shield “umbrella”, Data Detect goes hand-in-hand with Platform encryption and data classification.
- Salesforce Blockchain was announced for the first time!
- Lightning Web Components: That LWCs would become open source.
- Tableau Embedded Analytics: Tools for embedding Tableau analytical experiences into their own products and applications.
- Trailblazer.me Profile: Your trusted resume for the Salesforce ecosystem (above).
- Trailhead Go: The Trailhead experience we all know and love and makes it available on mobile.
- Trailmoji was created (for all you Trailhead fans).
Above: from the TrailheaDX keynote in 2020, all the new announcements.
Watch TrailblazerDX and TrailheaDX On-demand
Content from previous TrailheaDX events is available on-demand; all you need to do is register for your free streaming access.
TrailblazerDX is now open for registrations for 2023 – get March 7th and 8th in your calendar!
Last year’s event was a hit, and Trailblazers across the world got to celebrate the power of Salesforce Developers and learn in hands-on workshops (both in-person and online!). This year, we’re looking forward to more of that energy, especially after the exciting announcements at Dreamforce earlier this year.
Whichever way you plan to attend TrailblazerDX 2023, we know you’ll have a fantastic time connecting with the community.