I find it hard to believe we are already in the month of May in 2019, but here we are! This year Dreamforce is late on in the year, but before you know it, the time will be upon us.
This dynamic, ever-expanding post will be your central reference guide for everything Dreamforce. Whether your a Dreamforce veteran or a first timer that’s about to be blown away, make sure to sign up to our newsletter to get the latest updates about this one of a kind event. If you are new to the Salesforce world and want to learn more about Dreamforce, be sure to check out two fantastic blog posts, 5 Things that Make Dreamforce Amazing & Dreamforce – Why Should You Go?
Dreamforce 2019 Date & Location
Dreamforce will be taking place from November 19th – 22nd 2019, this is one of the latest Dreamforces in recent memory, with most taking place between September & October. As usual, the location of Dreamforce will be at the Moscone Center in San Francisco but will spread in the surrounding areas due to the pure scale of the event.
Registration & Ticket Prices
The registration for Dreamforce 2019 has not yet been announced, to be among the first to hear about it, please sign up to the Salesforce newsletter here. Previously, Dreamforce registration tends to open up around 4-6 months before the actual date of the event, so I would expect anywhere from June-August. Ticket prices will vary depending on when and how they are purchased (Early bird, partner discounts etc…) but tend to be anywhere from $1,500-$2,100.
If you’ve heard of Dreamforce, you’ve also no doubt heard about some of the legendary parties that Salesforce and Partners host to let off some steam. You will be able to expect different parties of varying degrees! of styles over the course of the week, to get a flavour for them, check out our Dreamforce 2018 Parties post. If this wasn’t enough to get you excited for November, you also have Dreamfest to look forward to, Salesforce’s very own festival. Previous headline acts have included Metallica, Lenny Kravitz, Aleshia Keys, The Foo Fighters, The Killers & Greenday to name just a few!
Hotels & Accommodation
One element of your trip I suggest you get ahead of the game on is your accommodation. With 180,000+ attendees descending on San Francisco (Increasing the population by 20%!), Hotels and other accommodation options can skyrocket in price (Some hotels reach $1000+ a night!). You have a few options when it comes to accommodation…
- Official Dreamforce Hotels – Upon registering for Dreamforce, you will be presented with a range of hotels that you can book alongside your ticket. Salesforce has agreements with these hotels that allow them to get a preferential rate for their attendees. You can see a list of these hotels from last year to give you an idea of the kind of quality and location. While these hotels won’t be “cheap”, they will be relatively reasonable.
- Hotel Comparison Sites – Another good option if the Dreamforce hotels don’t suit your fancy (Or if they are sold out, as they will!), is to use hotel comparison websites. Booking.com, Hotels.com, Kayak, Expedia among others are good options to try. Please note, it is more than likely that they will be more expensive than the Dreamforce hotels.
- AirBnB & Others – Sites like Airbnb, FlipKey, Vrbo, & HomeAway are great alternatives to hotels where you can rent a whole property or private room. Perfect if you are travelling with a bunch of colleagues and would rather have that home away from home vibe.
- Hostels – Although you might be picturing dormitories packed full of 16 people, bare with me. There are plenty of great luxury Hostels in San Francisco that you can stay in for a fraction of the price with your own private room. I once stayed in HI San Francisco and had a great time which was 5 minutes walk to Moscone, in addition, the entire place was full of Dreamforce attendees!
- Out of Town – If none of the above options works for you, it’s worth remembering that San Fran has the BART system that will deliver you to Moscone from varying places out of the city centre. These will be a lot cheaper than neighbouring hotels to Moscone, and you will only be looking at around 30 minutes of travel time.
As Tickets haven’t been announced yet, neither has the Agenda. In fact, the speaker submissions haven’t even opened for Dreamforce 2019! But as you would expect from an event like this, the agenda is world class. You can expect to hear from all of the industry experts and Salesforce celebrities, as well as some little known people like Ashton Kutcher, Michelle Obama, Will.I.Am, among others. For a flavour of how to prepare for the sessions, check out this post.