Have you ever wanted to open a Prospect record by clicking on the Pardot URL field on Salesforce Lead or Contact? You will find this link directs you to Pardot Classic (Field name: pi__url__c). How do you open the Prospect record in the Pardot Lighting App, instead?
I will show you how to easily create a new Salesforce field to generate the Pardot URL for the Pardot Lighting App.
Create a Pardot Lightning URL Custom Field [Interactive Tutorial]
The Pardot Lightning URL, a new custom field you are about to create, will force Salesforce to open the Pardot Prospect record in the Pardot Lightning App. You can then add this new custom field to Salesforce Lead and Contact page layouts.
Create a new Custom Field (Formula) on the Salesforce Lead object:
- Go to Salesforce Setup. Click Object Manager. Click Quick Find, Type Lead (then click Lead from the list).
- Click Fields & Relationships, Click New.
- Choose the field type. Click Formula.
- Type in the Field Label: Pardot Lightning URL. The Field Name will populate automatically. Add a Description such as, “Open the Pardot URL in the Pardot Lighting App”
- Formula Return Type, click Text.
- Paste this formula into the box:
HYPERLINK( LEFT($Api.Partner_Server_URL_260, FIND( ‘/services’, $Api.Partner_Server_URL_260)) &’lightning/page/pardot/prospect?pardot__path=%2Fprospect%2Fread%2Fid%2F’& Right(pi__url__c ,value(text(LEN(pi__url__c) – FIND(‘=’, pi__url__c))))
,LEFT($Api.Partner_Server_URL_260, FIND( ‘/services’, $Api.Partner_Server_URL_260)) &’lightning/page/pardot/prospect?pardot__path=%2Fprospect%2Fread%2Fid%2F’& Right(pi__url__c ,value(text(LEN(pi__url__c) – FIND(‘=’, pi__url__c)))), “_self”)
7. Scroll down and click Check Syntax, click Next.
8. This is where you will set Field-level Security (which users can see the field). Once you’re satisfied, click Next.
9. This is where you will set which page layouts the field should appear on. Once you’re satisfied, click Save.
Repeat the steps above for the Contact object.
Optionally, you can also remove Pardot URL Field from page layouts to avoid confusing users.
Now, when you click on the “Pardot Lightning URL” link, the Prospect record is opened inside the Salesforce Pardot Lightning App, instead of Pardot Classic!
If you have any questions or comments to improve the formula, feel free to send me a DM on LinkedIn at Alexandre Ruiz!