Test Your Knowledge: Reporting and Analytics in Marketing Cloud Account Engagement
Reporting and analytics is a core part of marketing automation – after all, how else are you able to keep a pulse on the impact of your marketing activities, and switch gears if you’re not resonating with prospects?
When it comes to Account Engagement (Pardot), you have multiple options for reporting, ranging from simple WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) reports, all the way through to B2B Marketing Analytics (in Salesforce CRM Analytics).
Salesforce partners (i.e. consultancies) have access to a set of accreditations, including Marketing Cloud Account Engagement Reporting & Analytics. I’ve passed this exam, and while it’s not available for everyone, I wanted to share these valuable insights with you.
The exam is based on advanced features, so the ideal candidate would have delivered multiple implementations using these features. It’s time to test your knowledge on reporting and analytics!
Salesforce Accredited Professional vs Certification
- Accredited Professional exams: Available to Salesforce Partners (you need access to the Partner Learning Camp). These demonstrate skills with specific features, from Sales Cloud Einstein to Process Automation. The exams consist of a varying amount of questions, and time is allocated based on the number of questions.
- Salesforce certifications (‘Trailhead’ Exams): Available for everyone. These demonstrate breadth in a subject matter (e.g. Pardot Consultant), or Salesforce role (e.g. Business Analyst).
About the Marketing Cloud Account Engagement Reporting & Analytics Accredited Professional
The exam itself covers the following:
- Articulate Business Value (17%)
- Data and Platform Capabilities (12%)
- Data Relationships & Reporting Considerations (23%)
- Identify and Apply (12%)
- Implementation (23%)
- Licensing and Access (13%)
When studying for the exam, I took the approach of learning all the different features. As the same features appear across multiple sections of the exam, this was more effective than studying section by section.
The main theme throughout the exam was about tying the right feature to a requirement, so be sure to know the different reporting abilities in-depth, and the terms used to describe them on the implementation guides and Salesforce Help. You can find the implementation guides through a quick search on Google.
Be warned this is amongst the tricker Accredited Professionals, in my opinion, requiring thorough preparation.
Know Pardot Editions
You should know which Pardot editions are currently available and the reporting features included in each.
I personally use PPAP to remember what editions have B2B Marketing Analytics, inspired by the viral comedy song with the same name. This stands for Pardot Plus, Advanced and Premium. During the exam Salesforce may test which B2BMA come with legacy editions.
Having set up B2BMA before, you should know what information is required to set up, what optional features you can enable, and be familiar with the high level concepts when within the Analytics Studio. Be sure to know what permission is needed for each action and how many licences you get. Within the highest Pardot edition you get B2BMA+ which comes with more features such as Einstein Discovery.
Know Engagement History
You should have implemented Engagement History Dashboards before and be familiar with how to configure, what data is shown, what licence type is needed, and how much data you get in each edition. Due to understanding how this data is synced in the background, Salesforce may test you on how long the initial sync is likely to take.
When it comes to Engagement History you should know about the different elements:
- Metric Fields provide engagement metrics on Marketing Assets.
- Related Lists visualise the relationship between a Campaign and Marketing Assets.
- Engagement History Related List shows Activities on Marketing Assets and Prospects.
- Engagement History Metrics Lightning Component shows Campaign Performance.
- Engagement History Custom Lightning Component shows Prospects Interactions.
- Engagement History Dashboard is designed to be embedded on a Prospect CRM Record, Campaign or Opportunity and shows historic activities for a time period defined by your Edition.
Know Native Account Engagement Reports
You should not overlook the reports provided natively within MCAE and understand what these are designed to represent. You should also know what it means to be a Marketing Qualified Lead (MQL) versus a Sales Qualified Lead (SQL).
While Salesforce accreditations are not available for everyone, the knowledge that it tests is valuable to anyone using Account Engagement (Pardot). Especially as you have multiple options for reporting, ranging from simple WYSIWYG reports, all the way through to B2B Marketing Analytics (in Salesforce CRM Analytics).
How did you score with these test questions? Have you proved you have the experience with these advanced features? Go on, you earned it!
- Engagement History Implementation Guide – Salesforce Help
- B2B Marketing Analytics Implementation Guide – Salesforce Help
- Pardot Reports -Salesforce Help
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement: Reporting & Analytics Accredited Professional Exam Guide (Partner Learning Camp)
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement Specialist Exam Guide – Trailhead (formerly known as Pardot Specialist)
- Marketing Cloud Account Engagement Consultant Exam Guide – Trailhead (formerly known as Pardot Consultant)