The brand new Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer Certification is available now! If you navigate to Trailhead credentials, you’ll see there is a new role called “Salesforce Designer” and the new credential “User Experience (UX) Designer”.
“Are you passionate about creating human-centered user experiences? Salesforce Designers solve complex problems and design ethical, equitable and sustainable solutions on the Salesforce Platform that serve both businesses and communities.”Salesforce Designer Career Path
With this in mind, let’s take a look at what’s covered in the exam.
Salesforce User Experience (UX) Designer Certification
The Salesforce Certified User Experience (UX) Designer exam is aimed at designers with at least 6 months of hands-on experience as a UX designer, as well as 3-6 months utilizing UX design concepts on the Salesforce platform.
The exam will help candidates demonstrate experience and proficiency in:
- Analysis of business and design requirements
- Facilitation of design strategy based on the scope of user and content
- Salesforce personas and which processes they use
- Key design systems and principles
- Mobile UX design
- Incorporation of human-centered design into customer solutions
- Guidelines and UX design strategy for accessibility and inclusion
- Declarative features of Salesforce and how they can impact user experience
- Application of branding and styling to impact user adoption and experience
- Planning and facilitation of testing and validation related to the goals of design
- Change management design
- Out-of-the-box Salesforce Lightning Design System (SLDS) solutions versus customization
- Utilization of SLDS to create new and customized component functionality
The exam is broken down into 6 areas:
- Discovery 16%
- UX Fundamentals 16%
- Human-Centered Design 12%
- Declarative Design 27%
- Testing 11%
- Salesforce Lightning Design System (SLDS) 21%
It follows a similar format to other Salesforce exams with 60 multiple choice questions and 105 minutes to complete the exam. The passing score is 65%.
The exam costs $200, with a retake fee of $100. There are no prerequisites to take this exam.
Check out Trailhead for the Salesforce User Experience Designer Certification Prep module to help you prepare for the new certification!
There are additional trails that will also be useful to you when studying for this exam:
You can find out more about the career path of a Salesforce Designer here. There are some pretty cool statistics that should demonstrate why this role is so important! With a 280% job growth rate over the last 5 years, and an average salary of $112K, this is a very attractive role.