Salesforce & Dropbox Sign Strategic Partnership
On March 9, 2018 Dropbox and Salesforce signed a strategic partnership to integrate their platform with Dropbox to enhance the collaboration and connectivity with their customers with the business providers.
Confirming the news Dennis Woodside, Chief Operating Officer at Dropbox stated, “Salesforce has completely changed the way businesses connect with their customers through the use of cloud, social, mobile IoT and AI technologies. Together, we have the opportunity to fundamentally change how people work.”
Ryan Aytay, EVP Global Business Development & Strategy, Salesforce quipped “Customer success is core to everything we do at Salesforce and it inspires our partnerships. When you bring together the world’s leading CRM and collaboration platforms, the possibilities to create more value for our customers are endless.”
The companies will initially deliver two new integrations to drive brand engagement and boost team productivity:
Commerce Cloud and Marketing Cloud + Dropbox:
- Create branded, customized Dropbox folders within Salesforce Commerce Cloud and Salesforce Marketing Cloud with the new Digital Asset Engagement solution.
- Folders can be accessed by both internal teams and external partners.
- With two-way workflows, content stays relevant and up-to-date, whether the user is working in Dropbox or Salesforce.
Quip + Dropbox:
- Access Dropbox content such as photos, videos and slides, directly within Salesforce Quip.
- Dropbox will also add support for Quip documents, allowing joint users to work on Quip files that live in Dropbox.
Both the companies agreed to extensively utilize the product suite offerings from both Salesforce and Dropbox. Salesforce Ventures, Salesforce’s corporate investment group, has been an investor in Dropbox since 2014.
Pricing & Availability
New integrations are expected to begin rolling out the second half of 2018 after the pilot program.