Salesforce has announced Vaccine Cloud, the newest of its COVID-19 response technology solutions, to accelerate vaccine program deployment and management:
“Vaccine Cloud helps public health authorities, healthcare providers, and nonprofits quickly scale vaccine operations, from recipient registration and scheduling to inventory management and public health outreach”
Vaccine Cloud – Quick Overview
The overriding themes of Vaccine Cloud are:
- Public Health Command Center (with vaccine data tracked in one place)
- Vaccine Inventory Management – manage logistics and ensure dosage availability (shown below leveraging Tableau)
Appointment Scheduling & Outreach
- Registration – inlcuding eligibility to connect with recipients, pre-screening, gathering digital consent.
- Appointment scheduling on-demand (possibly Experience Cloud AKA. Community Cloud, as shown below)
- Contactless visits via QR codes
- Communications eg. notifications to schedule an initial shot or a reminder to come in for a second dose (as shown below with Marketing Cloud Journey Builder)
Vaccine Outcome Monitoring
Secure, scalable, supported by deep expertise
- Integration capabilities (connect external data sources easily to the Salesforce platform)
- Mobile ready (accessible from any device)
- Extensible (potential for institutions to tap into other Salesforce technologies, eg. mobility solutions, bots)
- Salesforce partner network (who bring deep industry knowledge and tested solutions – Accenture, Deloitte, IBM, KPMG, Coastal Cloud, Infosys, MTX, PolSource, Sense Corp, Silverline, Skedulo, Slalom and Traction on Demand)
In a nutshell, Vaccine Cloud maximizes program effectiveness (securing enough doses, monitoring patient outcomes, making data-driven decisions based on community health needs and risk factors).
“Federal, state and local agencies, healthcare providers and nonprofits worldwide are using Salesforce technology specifically for vaccine administration, including Northwell Health, Illinois’ Lake County, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and more.”Salesforce
Salesforce make a solid case for why the ‘Customer 360 platform’ is requisite for coordinating a vaccine roll-out effort, unprecedented in scale like the current programs. Check out the official Vaccine Cloud product page here.
There have been strong indicators that 2021 will be the ‘year of the Public Sector’, with Salesforce securing Public Sector and Government agency ‘logos’, developing technologies to address their needs, and ramping up on expertise with acquisitions (such as Acumen in December 2020). No doubt this will be the first of many announcements this year as Salesforce adapts to meet the evolving needs of the Public Sector with agility and speed.