Health Cloud is launched on March ’16 by Salesforce to transform the healthcare sector. It is aimed at creating stronger relationships between patients, provider and hospital administration. Prior to health cloud roll out, the customers relied completely on the customization leveraging Force.com platform as no out of box functionalities were offered.
Health Cloud Overview
Complete Patient Overview
• Create rich, contextual patient profiles
• Access collaborative care network and health timelines
• Integrate patient data from the electronic health record (EHR)
• Incorporate third-party data from medical devices and wearables.
Smarter Patient Management
• Prioritize tasks across all their patients’ needs
• Segment and manage patient populations
• Map personal and professional caregiver networks
Connected Patient Engagement
• Collaborate seamlessly with care teams and patients
• Assign tasks to caregiver networks
• Share secure messages to any device
Health Cloud Summer ’16 Features
• Secure Protected Health Information with Salesforce Shield: Healthcare information comprises of personal information (PI) therefore security of the data is of utmost importance. Health cloud now supports Salesforce Shield. Salesforce Shield is a separately licensed product which includes Event Monitoring, Platform Encryption and Field audit trail.
• Multi Language Support: Health Cloud now supports the following additional languages: 1. Dutch 2. English (UK) 3. French 4. German 5. Portuguese (Brazil) 6. Spanish 7. Spanish (Mexico)
• Customize the Delivered Care Team Roles: The roles that people have in the healthcare world are incredibly varied. So Salesforce has given the flexibility to change the standard Health Cloud roles to ones that reflect how the organization works.
• Lists of Patients can be created easily: Improvements are made to enable the care providers to create patient lists. The following lookup types change the type of input field that appears: 1. Date and date/time 2. Boolean 3. Picklist 4. Record type
• Medical Record Number No Longer Required in Patient Creation Process: Salesforce relaxed the need of a mandatory Medical Record Number (MRN) to convert a patient candidate record.
• Changes to Objects and Fields : New custom field MedicalRecordNumber__c is added to the following objects: 1. Account, Contact 2. EhrPatient__c 3. CandidatePatient__c This field replaces SourceSystemID, which held a patient’s medical record number or other patient ID.
• Localize Labels on the Patient Card and Health Timeline: Admins can now change the labels on the Patient Health Card and Health Timeline. To create the label text in another language, clone the configuration record for the Patient Card or Health Timeline text. Add the label text to the Friendly Name or Object Name field using the language you want to display. Next, set the Language field of the new record to that language. The system displays the label text that matches the user’s language setting.
• Active Field Added to Timeline View Configurations Tab: Active field is now added to the Timeline View Configuration Tab.
• Care Plan and Timeline Get More Screen Space: Care Plan and Timelines are now put in two separate plan improving the data display and readability.